Omnichannel Customer Service is not a solitary entity. It is a collective effort from a brand to fix things proactively. It is a promise to offer seamless transaction to effortless purchase and post-purchase guidance. This is critical to every business irrespective of the industry they belong to.
Over the years, we have witnessed several brands thinking out of the box, thanks to the great innovators on the board. These people understood the core needs of their customers by putting themselves in their shoes. Let’s have a look at the top 30 innovators and their inspiring quotes on customer service.
1. “Customer service should not be a department. It should be the entire company.” -Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
It cannot be argued with that collective data from all departments converge into the bigger picture. That is where you can analyze to improve on all your critical points. It is not only the speaking agent who connects with the customer but the business itself and every employee must be equally motivated to work towards that goal.
2. “The sole reason we are in business is to make life less difficult for our clients.” -Matthew Odgers, Attorney/Founder, Odgers Law Group
3. “Customers don’t care about your policy, they care about action,”—Flavio Martins, VP of Operations and CS at DigiCert
Nothing beats a flawless customer support approach. Asking your customers through multiple surveys or post-purchase ratings, you can learn more. You can speculate the shortcomings within your system and prevent any unpleasant event from occurring. Appropriate CRMs or ticketing system will also ensure a complete awareness of most customer woes.
4. “Complex products or processes lead to ill-prepared employees and confused customers.” – Bruce Temkin, Co-Founder of CXPA.
5. “Always have an attitude of gratitude.”, James R. Nowlin, Founder & CEO, Excel Global Partners.
6. “If there's one thing Amazon.com is about it's obsessive attention to the customer experience, end-to-end.”, Jeff Bezos, Founder & CEO, Amazon.
7. "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”, Bill Gates, Founder & CEO.
8. “Customer service is about empathy”, Chaz Van de Motter, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Elite Marketing Studios
To understand the customer better, you need to have a mindset of one. We are all customers to someone. Imagine the treatment and efficiency that you expect from your sellers. Employ the same treatment for your customers as well. Install a omnichannel approach to shrink all customer data from multiple touchpoints in one stream.
9. “Customer service is nothing less than the foundation on which today’s most prolific businesses will be realized.” - Than Merrill, CEO & Founder, FortuneBuilders
10. “Instead of focusing on the competition, focus on the customer.” - Scott D. Cook, Founder of Intuit
11. “Satisfaction is a rating. Loyalty is a brand.” - Shep Hyken, CAO, Shepard Presentations.
12. “Listen to your customers deeply, or you will have none.” - Bryan Clayton, CEO, Greenpal
Customer satisfaction is the default. You must achieve it. But to ensure that they become brand advocates, you have to offer more. Listen more than you talk. Focus on what they want, instead of pushing them for sales. Do not tire their minds with extreme jargon. Be patient and understand their problems in order to offer appropriate solutions. The criteria is to resolve the solution on first interaction itself.
13. “Get closer than ever to your customers. So close, in fact, that you tell them what they need well before they realize it themselves.” - Steve Jobs
14. “Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.” - Walt Disney
15. “The more you engage with customers the clearer things become and the easier it is to determine what you should be doing.” - John Russell, Vice President and Managing Director, Harley Davidson Europe
16. “Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong.” - Donald Porter, Vice President, British Airways
17. “Pay attention to hellos and goodbyes.” - Pamela Nelson, President & CEO, Bracane Research Company
The analytics is your first cue to understanding your churn rate. Irrespective of how well your business is doing, never forget to focus on what appeals to your customers. Work on it. Build around it to bank on your plus points. Subsequently, introspect every minute reason for which your customer leaves. In fact, if the reason is unknown, proactively reach out to them to understand their concerns. Conduct, monthly or annual appointments with your customers to sustain the relationship.
18. “It is not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It is the customer who pays the wages.” - Henry Ford, Founder of Ford.
19. “Customer service has more in common with selling an identity than it does with selling a product.” - Than Merrill, CEO & Founder, FortuneBuilders
20. “Be helpful — even if there’s no immediate profit in it.” – Susan Ward, Small Business Expert and Writer
21. “Great customer service is a critical competitive advantage for a business.” - Steve Benson, Founder & CEO, Badger Maps
Remember, the ideology behind a great customer service is not to make profit but recognizing the customer as the reason for your profits. Once you understand this, half your problems are solved. Intuitively your business will focus on the essential aspects of customer service i.e. the customer. You will proactively engage with them and invest in customer retention programs than on acquiring new customers.
22. “A lot of people talk about being customer-centric, but its one thing to say and another to be it! Customer centricity is about putting the customer at the center of all you do.” – Annette Franz, CEO of Cx Journey Inc.
23. “The best customer service visions have three characteristics. They are simple and easy to understand. The vision is focused on the customer, rather than the company’s internal goals. And the vision is authentic and resonates with employees.”—Jeff Toister, Founder of Toister Performance Solutions.
24. “Think relationships or go broke.” – Bill Quiseng, GM of Marriott Vacation Club Pulse San Diego.
Individualized attention is extremely important especially in our post-modern society. Everything is digital and the customer loses human touch with the brand. To bridge the gap, you must work around your tools to make the most of it. You can start on improving your communication standards followed by personalized attention through video calls. Video calls are the modern way of interacting with your customers. You offer one-on-one undivided attention to your customers from the luxury of any location. This is can be done anytime, anywhere. The sheer flexibility and the potential of the feature makes it an asset to the customer service industry.
25. “Customer Experience is the new loyalty program”—Jaspreet Bindra. Thought Leader, Advisor, Entrepreneur, Co-Founder of UNQBE.
26. “Client service is about excellence and integrity above all else and it should be a continually evolving process.” - Kirk Paulsen, President, River Oak Partners
27. “Talent and customers are choosing what they want to be a part of”—Nikki Barua, CEO of Beyond Barriers
Telephony is still a prevalent route to offer Omnichannel Customer Service. The very mode of communication demands utmost sincerity, with humility and value. Your agents won’t be able to make the initial impact if they are not equipped with proper tools. The more they learn about your customers, the better they can treat them. From greeting with first name, to engaging into a conversation with pre-received information and finally offering a resolution, the entire transaction should be flawless and pleasant. Track your customer’s life-cycles with your company, to expect service calls and spare them the waste of time.
28. “When you help others feel important, you help yourself feel important too.” - David J. Schwartz, Author & Motivational Speaker, “The Magic of Thinking Big”
29. “Know what your customers want most and what your company does best. Focus on where those two meet.” - Kevin Stirtz, Author, “More Loyal Customers”
30. “Companies that embrace a "more is more" philosophy work harder and go further to ensure that their customers have a positive experience” - Blake Morgan, Customer Experience Futurist, Keynote Speaker, & Author
Business moguls over the time have spoken about the only truth that exists in the B2C industry and that is your customer. Customer intents are continuously changing and the business has to keep up. The business irrespective of their budget, must put effort and time into customer service. Expand only when you are capable of serving more. Do not chase money by losing out on the essential assets of your business.
Customer acquisition is a costlier process than treating your existing customers right. Check up on your customers after periodic intervals. Forecast customer based issues and improve your strategies. Needless to say that customer support tools do make the work easier, but it is not imperative. Even small scale businesses or low-budget startups can still thrive by understanding their demography and being proactive. Basic communication and transparency can go a long way than having established infrastructure and lethargic approach.
We hope these quotes inspire you and provide a broader perspective of the customer service industry and what it aspires for. Motivate yourself and your teams to offer the best service with your resources. We at C-Zentrix are always working towards ensuring an elevated customer experience and helping other businesses to gain the clarity that restricts their rate of growth.
Author Bio: Sweta is a passionate technical writer with experience in digital marketing. Outside work, she is a devoted Esports advocate.